Fully endorsed by the Global Mission of C&MA Canada, the CCACA MAT program is formulated to rally and facilitate pastors and lay leaders of CCACA member churches to actively engage in mid-term missions even after their retirement. The main objective of MAT is to assist international workers (IWs) in the planting and building up of C&MA churches amongst the Chinese diasporas.
Scope of the Mission
- CCACA MAT will only serve the C&MA missions or its affiliated organizations.
- The invitation from the IWs or local church mission board will be considered.
- The minimum length for each trip is one month. Each MAT member is expected to serve in the mission field for a maximum of six months annually.
- Retired C&MA pastors and lay leaders who have a good testimony and self-funding financial ability.
What to Expect as a MAT Member?
- MAT is a self-funded program, CCACA together with the supporting home churches may consider reimbursing the following basic costs upon the availability of fund:
- Round trip airfare
- Accommodation cost
- Ministry expenses
- Travel insurance cost (mandatory for oversea trip)
- To facilitate the ministry, CCACA will setup a MAT Account ID number for each member, so that ministry supports from home churches or donations from individuals can be registered accordingly.
- If necessary, official business cards will be made available to each MAT member.
- For accountability purposes, approval from the AED is needed before embarking on a mission trip. Furthermore, you may be asked to provide a brief written report after each mission trip.
Becoming a MAT Member
- The followings are required to be qualified as a MAT member:
- A member of good standing in CCACA member church
- Adequate theological training and ministry experience
- A Canadian citizen, with valid Provincial Health care coverage
- In good health condition and able to be covered by travel insurance while oversea
- Please contact our AED Missions, Rev. Dr. Leonard Lam (Email: Leonard.Lam@ccaca.org) for details and application.
Approved MAT Members
Presently, the following pastors and lay leaders have successfully joined the MAT program:
- Pastor Henry & Mrs. Mary Cheung
- Rev. Paul Leung
- Rev. Isaac & Mrs. Mable Wong
- Mrs. Stella Wong
- Rev. Dr. Kaman Chan
- Rev. Peter & Mrs. A-Lien Yan
- Rev. Gerald & Mrs. Ada Chan
- Rev. Edmond & Mrs. Anne Lau
- Pastor Tony & Mrs. Barbara Ng
- Rev. Stephen & Mrs. Anita Lam
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)